Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Too many days @ the Beach

By the way, this is church and community center that I work at in Clinton, Oklahoma. I live in Clinton, now. Birthplace of Toby Keith. Its not all that bad, the people are friendly. They all do that two finger wave from the steering wheel when you pass them on the streets. If you have ever lived in the country, you know what that means. I kinda like it, though I do the whole hand wave back to them.

Well, VBS is done for one more year!!! Thank you Jesus. Our VBS lasts only three days but I swear. me and the two other teachers almost didn't make it past two days

This my teacher for the older elementry. ----->
I kept trying to tell him that maybe he wanted to teach the early elementry class because of these 4 boys. But he insisted. I peeked in on his class on the second day and it looked like a circus in there. There was bits of paper flying around and he looked stunned. I did warn him.

This is a couple of the early elementary class, my class. They really got into the beach theme. I think they kinda got shafted because i kept going to check on the other teachers to make sure they were still alive. I split the classes up this year. Last year I just had one big group and it was ok but splitting them up was better. They said they had fun though.

My mom was the other teacher. I have no pictures of her because she pretty much hid when it was time to for them to come back together as a group. She was probably curled up in a ball whimpering after each class. She had the preshoolers.

<----This is Sade, one of the clowns in my mom's class. She is three. I think she is so adorable but I am very glad she is not my kid. Last year at VBS she threw this hissy fit like you would not believe! At two, she had not quite grasped the concept of sharing and taking turns. She has improved greatly. I barely heard her crying this year.

This next one, is Kamarie. She is adorable too. Four years old. Her older brother and sister come to the church as well. As the third kid out of four, she has a baby brother, she is used to whining as a way of life. And its contagious, we all end up whining after an hour with her. ------------------>


The last one is Katie. She is so smart. She is four too and has an impressive way of speaking to people. I guess her family doesn't speak down to her. So she is more like a short adult. With a bit of a lisp. They are cute but I am glad its over.

1 comment:

emmy said...

You know I would have loved those kids! So...what's with the new job? What do you do???

Cat Scratch Fever

I've changed my mind.  I'm not a bad blogger.  I was looking at the high number of drafts I have saved but haven't published.  I...